This is my calendar art!
My bird is a Ruru.
have been learning about Peace Week.
Peace Week is an annual tradition organised by The Peace Foundation every year. You can learn more about The Peace Foundation by following this LINK.
As a way to learn about Peace Week I did three different Peace Week activities.
With Miss Brennan we created a poster to help promote peace and Peace Week.
With Mrs Baker we made hand print doves and wrote messages of peace on them.
With Mr Horn we looked at the symbols of peace such as the dove and created origami doves.
Here is an example of one of my activities
We are learning how to:
- Perform as a group
We will know we have been successful when we:
- Put in the effort to learn the song words and the actions
- Perform with energy and expression
I am learning to:
· Use descriptive words in my writing
I will know that I am successful when I:
· Use a variety of adjectives and verbs
· Build a picture in the mind of my audience
What changes could we make to our learning environment?
The children will understand that
- Over time, changes are driven by specific needs
- People whose opinions differ from their own, can also be right
- They have a voice about the changes in their environment
The children will be able to:
· Compare and contrast
· Follow a planning process
· Work collaboratively with other children to produce a quality product
· Use the App Explain Everything to share their learning